BA (HONS) IN BUSINESS STUDIES PROGRAMME
BA (Hons) Business Studies academic entry requirements
UBI has a flexible and personalised approach to admissions and we accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications or a combination of qualifications (A level, European or non-European high school diplomas, BTEC, International Baccalaureate, etc.) We align our entry requirements to meet those at Middlesex University, London.
BA Application Checklist
A complete application form. (option on the right: APPLY NOW)
High School Diploma (European or non-European) with the detailed curriculum (summary of the programme syllabus)
Official Transcript (stamped by school) from high school with supplement.
A 250-word (minimum) essay* - the essay should cover the following topics:
Please describe your motivations to join our UBI community
How do you think that you will contribute to the student community?
Why you would like to join our programme of study?
* Please note it is essential to devote time and effort to this short essay, as it is an essential part of the entry criteria. Only the candidates who have shown leadership potential, a passion for studying/willingness to reach study goals, an entrepreneurial spirit, or a track record of community service will proceed to the next part of the selection process.
5. Proof of identity in the form of a photocopy of either passport or national ID card
6. ID / Profile picture
7. Proficiency in English (see below for standards for multiple English tests recognised by UBI)
8. Other academic requirements as may be deemed necessary
9. The students must also possess and be able to use a laptop.
And, one of the following English proficiency test:
IELTS, with a minimum score of 6.0 overall
TOEFL (Institution DI Code 9866) internet-based test of at least 72
Cambridge English Advanced (a.k.a. Certificate in Advanced English): high score at B2*
Cambridge English Business (Vantage): high score at C level, ideally B*
Cambridge English Business (Higher): grade C*
Cambridge English Proficiency (a.k.a. Certificate of Proficiency in English): any grade*
* score on the Cambridge English scale of no less than 169
For details of other equivalent English language requirements accepted by UBI, please contact the admission officer:
We currently also accept some tests taken at home (during the COVID-19 outbreak)
Next Step After Application Submission:
Once the above documents are submitted, and if it is deemed necessary, the applicant will be invited for an interview. Applicants can find more information on the Admission Process page.
Admission, or rejection of the application, is dependent upon approval by the Admission Board on the basis of the application file. In case of rejection, no appeal is possible.
APL, APCL, and APEL: United Business Institutes considers candidates who have obtained accreditation of prior learning, based on certified (or certificated) learning or based simply on prior experiential learning (learning achieved through experience, rather than on a formal course).
UBI does and shall not discriminate on the basis of gender (identity or expression), race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, or socio-economic background, in any of its activities or operations.